Vitamin D3, the “Sunshine Vitamin” is a fat-soluble vitamin, found in animal products, that plays critical role in the proper functioning of your body, including strong bone health and immunity. Vitamin K2 (specifically menaquinone 7, a form of K2) is actually produced in small amounts by bacteria in your gut. You also find K2 in animal products like fatty fish and grass-fed beef, or in fermented foods.
- Benefits of Vitamin D3:
- Supports strong bones
- Promotes a healthy immune system
- Prevent gastro-intestinal problems
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Boosts brain health
- Improve moods
- May prevent cancer.
Lack of Vitamin D3 can be the reason for:
- Frequent illness or infections
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Bone and back pain
- Depression, mood swings, sleep disturbance
- Impaired wound healing
- Bone loss, osteoporosis, bone fractures, and muscle weakness.
- Anxiety (Vitamin D deficiency is linked to anxiety disorders.)
- Low vitamin D levels have been linked with heart disease
- In children, a vitamin D deficiency can cause rickets. (a disease of children caused by vitamin D deficiency, characterized by imperfect calcification, softening, and distortion of the bones typically resulting in bowlegs).
- Research has implicated Vitamin D deficiency in such neurological diseases as Alzheimer’s Syndrome and Multiple Sclerosis.
Benefits of Vitamin K2
- Helps your body use calcium more efficiently, which impacts the health of bones and teeth.
- Lowers calcium levels in your soft tissues, ensuring healthy blood vessels and kidneys.
Symptoms of vitamin K deficiency include:
- Bruising easily
- Bleeding that doesn’t stop
- Blood clots under your nails
- Red or black stool
How do Vitamin D3 And K2 Work Together?
On their own, Vitamin D3 and K2 both promote a healthy lifestyle. Together, they are even better. New research into vitamin D3 and K2 has given way to new multivitamin dietary supplements that could unlock unique health benefits to fight ageing from the inside out. So benefits of taking D3 and K2:
- Bone Health – Vitamin D3 and K2 is essential for transporting calcium from our bloodstream into our bones.
- Heart Health – helps prevent calcification of arteries, keeping your heart healthy
- Immune Support – Vitamin D is also vital to immune function and helps our bodies fight off viruses, bacteria, and cancer cells. In 2009. Low vitamin D levels are associated with frequent colds and influenza.
- Cancer Prevention – Vitamin D deficiency increases the risk of certain cancers including colorectal, breast, prostate, and pancreatic cancer.
- Energy, Mood & Brain Support – A leading cause of fatigue is Vitamin D deficiency.
- Bone Health: Half of adults over 50 years of age have low bone mass. Bone health is a real concern as we get older. Fortunately, the pairing of vitamin D3 and K2 seems to improve bone health across the board.
- Cardiovascular Health: Cardiovascular disease is responsible for 1 in 6 deaths (17.3%) in South Africa. Vitamin D3 and K2 work together to improve our cardiovascular health.
- Fights Diabetes: 4.5 million South Africans, which represent 13% of the population, suffers from Diabetes. The combination of vitamin D3 and K2 together reduces insulin resistance.
Selenium Glycinate helps transport D3 into deep tissue and organs for better absorption in the body. It helps Vitamin K2 incorporate calcium to bones. Vitamin D3 aids calcium absorption into the blood. Green Rooibos adds antioxidants and aids in absorption. Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
Directions for use:
- Take 1 tablet per day after a meal in the morning
- If you would like to take this supplement during pregnancy, please consult your health care practitioner. Vitamin D is crucial in pregnancy for both mom and baby and is just as important (if not more) following childbirth.
- Suitable form the age of 12 years
- Please consult your health care practitioner if you have a medical condition and/or are taking medication.
- Product Label: See gallery image