A black, odourless, flavourless powder that has been used since ancient times to treat various ailments, especially flatulence and toxicity. Today, it is used to treat drug overdoses, an emergency anti-poison remedy and for natural detox. Some used to help filter water and even prevent hangovers. It doesn’t get absorbed by your gut, which means that when it reaches your gut it is in its unchanged form. The charcoal’s porous texture has a negative electrical charge, which causes it to attract positively charged molecules, such as toxins and gases. When liquids or gases pass through this activated charcoal, they bind to it through a process known as adsorption. These toxins and chemicals get trapped in your gut and eliminated through stool instead of being absorbed into your body. Beneficial if you live in a polluted area, if you have flatulence, drink alcohol regularly, get headaches regularly or if you have digestive issues. Entry level product.
Activated charcoal is made when charcoal is treated at high temperatures causing it to develop microscopic holes, which increase its surface area.
Key Active Ingredients:
- Activated Charcoal
- Green Rooibos, for its antioxidant benefits.
- Take 1 tablet per day after a meal. Take 2 hours before or after any medication.
- In the case of poisoning drink 5 tablets and get the patient to hospital ASAP.
- Suitable from the age of 12 years
- Activated charcoal is possibly safe when used short-term when pregnant or breast-feeding. Consult with your healthcare professional before using it. I may assist with reduced bile flow (cholestasis) during pregnancy.
DO NOT use activated charcoal if you have any kind of intestinal blockage. Also, if you have a condition that slows the passage of food through the intestine, speak with a healthcare professional before using activated charcoal.
Product Label: See gallery image